How to Camo AR-15s with Paint: Items
Things you’ll need:
- Adhesion Promoter
- Paints of your choice
- Painters tape
- Ferns, twigs or leaves
How to Camo AR-15s with Paint: Steps
(Allow paints to dry between steps)
Degrease the piece you are painting. I used acetone.
Mask off critical parts (numbers, mechanical stuff)
- Adhesion promoter (clear primer).
- Base coat. I used the tan because it covered black the best.
- First layer color. I did green.
- Lay your pattern down. I used natural materials (ferns, twigs)
- Quickly spray your pattern with your top layer colors.
- Let it dry for a while (couple hours) before you start handling it roughly to give paint time to set well.
Keep Learning About Survival Guns
This excellent video tutorial is only a taste of the information available about survival guns, especially AR-15s. Living Ready recommends the Gun Digest Book of Survival Guns as a go-to resource for survival gun information.
Click here to order the Gun Digest Survival Guns from the Living Ready Store at the best price.